Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Love Drug

Posted by MissMimi611


I haven't written or blogged in quite sometime due to lack of inspiration.  However, it's when we are at our lowest that we tend to grab our pens and pour out our hearts on paper.  I have been shying away from sharing my true feelings, but that isn't fair since I pride myself on being "open-minded."  The downside to being "open" is that I am exposed; the good, the bad and the ugly.

As a recovering addict, I wanted to share a snippet of my experience.  Love was my drug.  Real love can be the most beautiful thing in the world.  But when love isn't pure, it can destroy.  With that said, I was headed down a path of destruction.  In my process of healing and rebuilding, I wrote "Just Say No." Enjoy, comment AND JOIN MY SITE! :-) 

Just Say No
As a child I was taught to say “no” to drugs, in the literal sense
I smoke a little weed, but I stayed away shit like coke and heroine, they were too intense
But I wasn’t warned about that “drug” that is intangible
I’m talking about the one that get you so high, LIFE is no longer manageable

The drug that gets you so lifted it’ll have your entire mind and heart open
But when this type of high comes down, that feeling of emptiness will leave you broken
It’s the most tempting, yet bittersweet drug on market
The shit is free…but remember your heart is the target

When I was first introduced to it, I was completely taken by surprise
But this “thing” was so vibrant and unique I just had to go for the ride
The first hit of the unknown substance was beyond description
There’s no way that shit was legal, I shouldn’t have been on it without a prescription

The initial injection hit my body so strong it made my insides shiver
As the sweet poison made its way through my veins, all I could do was quiver
I was indulging in bliss as my body went numb and the troubles of the world faded away
But you know what they say about ignorance, I didn’t know I was being lead astray

The sensation of the narcotic became an instant addiction
Yet as quick as it brought joy it then caused an immediate affliction
I found myself strung out; wanting, needing, BEGGING for more
Self worth, pride and happiness meant nothing, I was that drugs’ whore
My life became centered around coppin’ and gettin' that next emotional high
Didn’t matter who I hurt, what I had to do, or how much time passed me by
But I overdosed, now I’m trapped in a world so dark and cold I don’t know what to do next
This drug has entered, ruined, and exited my life and is now onto another host to infect

With track marks imprinted on my soul, I feel lost in the mix
I’m nothing more than a love junkie, searching for another fix…

0 comments:

Post a Comment